Friday, August 7, 2009

Aloha Friday - August 7, 2009



Welcome to this week’s edition of Aloha Friday.

In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that we take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So I thought that on Fridays I would take it easy on posting, too. Therefore, I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response.

If you’d like to participate, just post your own question on your blog and leave your link at An Island Life. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends!

My question is:

Do You Wash Your Dishes By Hand or Do You Have A Dishwasher?

I have to wash all my dishes by hand, and with 5 of us it can end up being a lot. Luckily my oldest son helps me, which makes it a little easier for me. Someday, I hope to own a dishwasher.

15 comments:

  1. I use a dishwasher but I hate to unload it so much that I'd almost rather wash by hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have dishwasher, but I have never used it :) I like to do it by hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a dishwasher but I remember when I didn't and I never liked washing them by hand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a dishwasher but I do wash some of my pots and pans and good dishes by hand!

    ReplyDelete
  5. only dishwasher here is me or the teens

    ReplyDelete
  6. I grew up without a dishwasher and so I still prefer to hand wash. I can usually have them washed, dried, and put away before the dishwasher finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thankfully we have a dishwasher.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've had a dishwasher now for just about half of my married life. The other half in England & Germany we didn't & that made dinner parties very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I use a dishwasher...the ONLY time I do anything by hand is if it doesn't all fit and I need it all to be cleaned - or if it's not dishwasher safe, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wash them by hand. We live in the basement of a duplex right now (being a student is great, huh?), so we don't have the privilege of a dishwasher; I also grew up without one, so I learned to do dishes as stress relief. But I dream about the day I can move into a house and have a dishwasher!

    ReplyDelete
  11. By hand. I have a dishwasher but it takes too long to fill up and then I run out of silverware.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We have a dishwasher but we do all of the dishes by hand. Thankfully everyone helps out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We have a dishwasher and use it for dishes and things. I still prefer to do pots and pans by hand.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We have a portable dishwasher and I have to say, it's been the best investment ever! While it's a bit unwieldy and awkward (especially finding room for it in the kitchen!), it saves a lot of time that would be spent handwashing dishes, especially if you're like me and have children that use a new dish at every setting.

    ReplyDelete

Join Swagbucks For Free And Earn Prizes!